Terms of Service
IMPORTANT — PLEASE READ
Overview, Guidelines and Permissible Uses
The Bubba the Love Sponge® Show believes that the Online Community is a valuable place for Bubba the Love Sponge® Show listeners and fans to exchange information and learn from one another. Like any community, the Online Community is most valuable when everyone follows certain basic guidelines and rules of conduct. The Online Community Terms of Service sets forth these Rules and Guidelines so that you know what is expected of you and what you can expect from other participants when using the Online Community.
At the Bubba the Love Sponge® Show & BTLS.com, we want the Online Community to be appropriate, friendly, informative, safe and fun for all of our users. The Online Community is designed to provide a common area on the internet for all fans to gather and communicate with one another about the show. If everyone follows these Terms of Service, then the Online Community will remain a fun and informative community.
Use of the Bubba the Love Sponge® Show BTLS.com Online Community is limited to participants aged 16 and over.
The Bubba the Love Sponge® Show BTLS.com Online Community is an English language forum geared toward listeners and fans of the Bubba the Love Sponge® Show heard within the U.S. on terrestrial and satellite radio. Use of the Online Community is governed by U.S. law. Although Bubba the Love Sponge® Show listeners and fans from other countries are welcome to use it, Bubba the Love Sponge® Show BTLS.com Online Community Super Moderators / Moderators are not trained to assist these listeners.
When you register, you will also be asked to enter certain personal information. Please keep in mind when choosing a screen name and filling out your profile that whenever you post to a message board, your screen name and a link to your profile and online status will automatically appear with your post. (Note: Options to hide certain fields are available in the user profile.)
We may refuse to grant you, and you may not use, a screen name or email address that is already being used by someone else, impersonates another person, belongs to another person (without his or her prior consent), violates the intellectual property or other rights of any person, is vulgar or otherwise offensive, or that we reject for any other reason at our sole discretion.
In consideration of your use of the Online Community, you agree that all information provided in your profile is accurate, true, current and complete. The Bubba the Love Sponge® Show & BTLS.com may terminate your account if any of the information provided is found to be inaccurate, false, out of date, or incomplete.
Bubba the Love Sponge® Show BTLS.com Online Community Super Moderators / Moderators
The Bubba the Love Sponge® Show & BTLS.com provides Super Moderators / Moderators for the Online Community who may provide answers to questions relating to BTLS.com features. Only the BTLS.com Forum Super Moderators / Moderators are authorized representatives of the Bubba the Love Sponge® Show & BTLS.com on the Online Community. The Bubba the Love Sponge® Show employees are assigned as Super Moderators and are given the authority to delete, lock or edit any posts or threads that they deem offensive, malicious or violate any of the terms of service put forth within this.
Although the Online Community is super moderated by the Bubba the Love Sponge® Show employees and moderated by the Bubba the Love Sponge® fans, it is intended only as a way for visitors to meet other fans and talk about show-related material. You agree that postings and Private Messages do not constitute notice to the Bubba the Love Sponge® Show for any purpose, legal or otherwise. The Online Community is not a substitute for contacting the Bubba the Love Sponge® Show or anyone involved with it. If you need to contact the Bubba the Love Sponge® Show, please do so by sending an email to email@example.com.
Posting Content / Sending Private Messages
Participation in the Online Community is governed by the Rules of Conduct which are set forth below. Messages sent as Private Messages are subject to all rules set forth in these Terms of Service. Note: Other users have the right to block Private Messages sent using the Ignore feature, or to turn off this feature altogether.
Links to Other Sites
The Bubba the Love Sponge® Show BTLS.com Online Community permits users to post hypertext links to content hosted and maintained by third parties. Although linked sites are not generally reviewed by Super Moderators / Moderators, links are subject to treatment like any other type of content posted to the Online Community. You may not include a link in the Online Community that directs users to any content or information that, if posted in the Online Community, would constitute a violation of these Terms of Service.
The linked sites are not moderated by the Bubba the Love Sponge® Show & BTLS.com and are not under the Bubba the Love Sponge® Show or BTLS.com’s control, and your access to any linked site is at your own risk. You should use your own judgment before you use any link or access any linked site. When leaving the Online Community using any link provided by a user, you should be aware that BTLS.com Website terms and policies no longer govern, and, therefore, you should review the applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices, of that site. If you access a linked site and find the materials to be in violation of these Terms of Service, you may report the link as described below.
The Bubba the Love Sponge® Show & BTLS.com makes no claim or representation regarding, and accepts no responsibility for, the quality, content, nature or reliability of sites accessible by hyperlink from the Online Community. The ability to include links is provided only as a convenience to you, and the inclusion of any link by a user of the Online Community does not imply affiliation, endorsement, or adoption by the Bubba the Love Sponge® Show or BTLS.com of the linked site or any information contained therein.
Rules of Conduct
By participating in the Online Community, including the posting of content and sending of Private Messages, you agree that you will not upload, post, or otherwise transmit any content (including text, links, communications, software, images, sounds, data, or any other information) that:
- Is not consistent with the permissible uses outlined by these Terms of Service, including, but not limited to, content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, vulgar, profane, sexually explicit, obscene, racially or ethnically offensive or otherwise objectionable;
- Infringes on any intellectual property of the Bubba the Love Sponge® Show & BTLS.com or any third party, including without limitation any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary rights. If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that anything on the Online Community infringes on your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) by providing our Copyright Agent with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C. 512(c)(3) for further detail):
- Your electronic or physical signature;
- A description of the work you claim has been infringed;
- Identification of the work you claim infringes the copyrighted work and a description of where it is located on the Online Community;
- Your address, telephone number and e-mail address;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the infringing use is not authorized by the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent or by law;
- A statement by you, under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
- Notification pursuant to the DMCA should be submitted to: Copyright Agent, c/o Bubba the Love Sponge® Show, P.O. Box 21061, Tampa, FL 33622, Phone: 888-692-8222, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. For clarity, only DMCA notices should go to this email address. Any other feedback, comments, requests for technical support, and other communications should be directed to BTLS.com’s customer service. You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the requirements of this section, your DMCA notice may not be valid.
- Constitutes advertising or promotion, junk mail, spamming, chain letters, or any other form of unauthorized solicitation, including solicitation of lawsuits. Links that connect to commercial websites will not be considered unauthorized solicitations unless the link or the website content appears to be intended as a means of solicitation as determined by the Bubba the Love Sponge® Show & BTLS.com in its sole discretion;
- Contains software viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancel-bots or any other computer code or files that are designed to disrupt, damage, or limit the functioning of any software or hardware;
- Provides any non-public information about the Bubba the Love Sponge® Show & BTLS.com or any other company or person without the proper authorization to do so. This includes providing the names and phone numbers of Bubba the Love Sponge® employees and Forum participants;
- Intentionally interferes with the operation of the Online Community or with a fellow user’s message box, without limitation, mail or “post” bombing, news bombing, other flooding techniques, deliberate attempts to overload a system and broadcast attacks, or attempts to avoid messaging blocking;
- Impersonates any person or entity, including a Bubba the Love Sponge® Show employee, or forges any TCP-IP packet header, e-mail header or any part of a message header. This prohibition does not include the use of aliases or anonymous remailers;
- Attacks or insults another Bubba the Love Sponge® BTLS.com Online Community user or Super Moderator / Moderator;
These Additional Guidelines are intended to set the Online Community’s tone and visitor expectations, in order to improve the Online Community experience.
Do not reveal information that you do not want to make public. Any personal information that you post can be obtained and used by others. Anything you post in the Online Community, you post at your own risk.
You use the Online Community at your own risk. In any online forum like Bubba the Love Sponge® Show BTLS.com Online Community, it is not possible to be sure that other users are who they say they are, know what they say they know, or are affiliated with whom they say they are affiliated. Online Community Super Moderators / Moderators do not respond to every post. The Online Community is a place for users to communicate with other users. Forum Super Moderators / Moderators will review the message boards, and respond at their discretion. If you need to contact the Bubba the Love Sponge® Show, please do so by sending an email to email@example.com.
Be respectful of other users. Some Forum users are new to computing and may not have extensive knowledge of computers and their use. Belittling or insulting remarks are not conducive to the creation of a strong online community.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability
Governing Law and Venue
These Terms of Service shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida and the United States of America, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law. You agree that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to these terms shall be filed only in the state or federal courts located in Hillsborough County, Florida, and you hereby consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action. In no event shall you be entitled to injunctive or other equitable relief. If any provision of these terms shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.